Reasons not to clean a coin
Now that “I” am “practising” the electrolysis with rings silvers that I have found … I believe that it is the moment to remember the following thing:
- Generally the currency loses value ” if we realize ” that has been cleaned when one noticed artificial gloss.
- Sometimes for trying to clean a currency with an acid product he is damaged, spoiling the currency on having removed metal caps, and is because of it that is preferable not to try to clean it.
- A patina is not bad, but in addition it is a natural protection for the currency. A good patina must not be eliminated. If it removes itself, the brilliant surface newly exposed will oxidize again, causing a slight loss of the metal of the currency and we will enter a vicious circle.
- Also it is common that it gets scratched (hairlines) on having rubbed her with a rag so much on having cleaned like on having dried the currency.
- Coins clean quality Proof since his fields are very polished and it is never very easy to leave small scratches (hairlines).
- There does not exist product that original lustre of mint returns to our coins.